Friday, January 20, 2017

Rain Dogs Up For The Edgar

My novel Rain Dogs has been shortlisted for the 2017 Edgar Award and I'm thrilled to bits. I'm up for the best paperback original Edgar for the 2nd year in a row. Wow. Rain Dogs really seems to have made an impression on people. I believe it's the only novel out there to have been shortlisted for The Ned Kelly Award, The Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award, The Dagger Award and now the Edgar which are four of the most prestigious awards in my genre. 
...
This book is truly the little engine that could. It's been a long hard road for me to get this series noticed especially in America. Unless you're a reader of that fabulous newspaper The Boston Globe you won't have read a single review of Rain Dogs anywhere in the US and unless you came to see me at the Kinokuniya bookstore you wont have heard me read. (A very famous American mystery bookstore refused me a reading point blank because they said I wouldn't be able to get the punters in. Yah boo sucks to them.) If your publisher wont promote you and the newspapers wont review you there is no bloody chance of your book selling any copies no matter how good it is. Sigh. Anyway this isn't the time for my habitual glass half empty bullshit. I'm up for the bloody Edgar and that's a sweet thing. 
...
Thanks to all my loyal blog readers, book readers and audiobook listeners! Nil carborundum illegitimis